The Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program offers mentor training for students to become proficient in mentorship and personal development coaching. In order for mentors to be assigned a mentee, mentors need to take basic training, Mentoring 101: General Overview and one elective training session.
Mentoring 101: General Overview
Students will learn the basics of a successful mentoring experience.
- Understand roles and responsibilities of Peer Mentors
- Learn Strategies to work effectively with mentees
- To present an overview of the University Support Services and Resources
- To teach peer mentors how and when to refer mentees for additional or specialized help
Available Mentor Training Sessions
- Thursday, January 9 from 2 pm – 3 pm in Bagwell Education Building Room 131
- Friday, January 10 from 10 am – 11 am in University College Room 122
- Wednesday, January 15 from 12 pm – 1 pm in Joe Mack Wilson Student Center 216
- Tuesday, January 21 from 5 pm – 6 pm in Bagwell Education Building Room 131