Mentee Recordkeeping Forms
What is a Mentee?
A mentee is a new or transfer student who has been paired with a mentor in order to be advised, trained, or coached for collegiate success. Mentees are encouraged to become involved in goal setting, career development, and campus life activities.
Who can be a Mentee?
Any new KSU freshman or transfer student in their first or second semester.
The Role of a Mentee
Serving as a mentee is voluntary, but requires specific responsibilities, which include:
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Seek advice from mentor
- Seek advice from your academic advisor
- Communicate progress and concerns with your mentor
- Attend all classes
- Participate in activities with mentor and other mentees
- Communicate progress or concerns with parents or guardian
- Look, listen and learn
- Strive for success
- Reach out to your mentor; let him/her know what’s on your mind
- Be aware of program incentives
- Assume responsibility for your own professional growth & development
- Set goals and make decisions to achieve those goals
- Be receptive of constructive feedback
- Utilize campus resources