Odyssey Executive Board
Nominations for 2018-2019
The Odyssey Executive Board is a great way to be an involved student leader on campus. The Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program is looking for dedicated student leaders to take the lead on programming for students and by students. The purpose of the Executive Board is to formalize and structure the student leadership voice and involvement in the Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program.
The Odyssey Executive Board has five main goals:
- Maximize the participation of KSU students in the Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program.
- Promote a continuous affinity for the program, bonding and continuity of student involvement, among student participants, through the provision of incentives, education and training, group maintenance activities and organized social contacts.
- Help market the program on the Kennesaw and Marietta Campuses, to enhance awareness, expansion, collaboration, research and resource support.
- Enable student input and guidance in regard to implementation of all functional aspects of the program, i.e., recruitment, training, social mixers, publicity, awards and recognition and assessment.
- Enable student participation in administrative decision making in regard to coordination of the program.
- Must be a KSU Student in good standing maintaining a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must have completed at least one semester of coursework at KSU
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Odyssey Executive Board Nomination Application will be open April 20 – May 22 through OwlLife at https://owllife.kennesaw.edu/submitter/form/start/167036
- The board selection process will take place from May 14 – May 24 through the nomination committee made of students from the general Odyssey membership.
- The nomination committee will review all completed applications.
- This process will include an on campus interview.
- The new board will be announced Friday, May 25th.
Position Description: The president shall preside over meetings of the organization, help the board come up with activities/events, determine that all duties of the other officers are performed in accordance with the constitution, and promote the function and purpose of the organization.
Position Description: The vice president shall assist the president in the performance of her/her duties and act on their behalf and assume their responsibilities upon the absence of the president. The vice president shall help the board come up with activities/events.
Position Description: The secretary shall record the minutes of regular and special meetings as well as all meetings of the executive board. In the absence of the vice president, the secretary shall act as vice president. The Secretary shall help the board come up with activities/events.
Position Description: The treasurer shall collect the revenues owed the organization and maintain appropriate record in accordance with the SABAC guidelines for organizations. In the absence of the secretary, the treasurer shall act as secretary. The treasurer shall help the board come up with activities/events.
Position Description: The fundraising chair will be responsible for helping the board execute fundraising efforts. The fundraising chair will work with the treasurer to maintain an accurate and appropriate record of funds collected.
Event Planning Chair
Position Description: The event planning chair will be responsible for generating ideas for events and activities for the organization. The event planning chair will work closely with board members to ensure that logistics of events and activities are carried out effectively.
Community Engagement Chair
Position Description: The community engagement chair will be responsible for organizing community engagement and volunteer service projects for the membership. The community engagement chair will work closely with the board to make sure that the volunteer activity is logistically sound and of quality experience.
Position Description: The marketing chair will be responsible for updating social media outlets and coming up with publicity to advertise organizational activities and business. The marketing chair will work closely with the board on developing a public relations vision and marketing strategy for the group.
Recruitment and Membership Chair
Position Description: The recruitment and membership chair will be responsible for organizing membership information tables and recruiting events. The recruitment and membership chair will work with the president on answering communications from potential members.