Student Mentoring Association
Coming Soon Nominations for 2019-2020
The Student Mentoring Association Executive Board is a great way to be an involved student leader on campus. The Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program is looking for dedicated student leaders to take the lead on programming for students and by students. The purpose of the Executive Board is to formalize and structure the student leadership voice and involvement in the Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program while providing an independent RSO for student leaders.
The Student Mentoring Association Executive Board will strive to achieve the following desired outcomes:
- Maximize the participation of KSU students in the Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program and Mentoring Initiatives in the Department of Student Leadership and Service both in the capacity of (1) the promotion of mentor and mentee relationships and (2) executing student-driven programming initiatives that rely upon peer (student-to-student) identification, awareness, and affinity.
- Promote a continuous affinity for campus mentoring programs, bonding and continuity of student involvement, among student participants, through the provision of incentives, education and training, group maintenance activities and organized social contacts.
- Help market the Odyssey Peer Mentoring Program, campus-wide, to enhance awareness, expansion, collaboration, research and resource support.
- Promote the concept of mentorship across campus by engaging in programming related to all aspects of mentoring (peer-to-peer, professional-to-student, academic mentoring, faculty/staff-to-student, and college student-to- K-12 youth), professional development, and community building.
- Collaborate with other campus student organizations and departments to support mentoring efforts on campus.
- Seek out professionals in the community, both internally and externally, to bring knowledge of professional development, academic success, personal development, and career success to students on campus.
- Provide social and engagement events/activities where students can connect with other students, establish friendships and deepen social networks on campus.
- Must be a KSU Student in good standing maintaining a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must have completed at least one semester of coursework at KSU
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Student Mentoring Association Executive Board Nomination Application will be open in March 2019
- The board selection process will take place during the month of April with the nomination committee made of students from the Executive Board.
- The nomination committee will review all completed applications.
- This process will include an on campus interview.
- The new board will be announced May 2019.
Position Description: The president shall preside over meetings of the organization, help the board come up with activities/events, determine that all duties of the other officers are performed in accordance with the constitution, and promote the function and purpose of the organization.
Position Description: The vice president shall assist the president in the performance of her/her duties and act on their behalf and assume their responsibilities upon the absence of the president. The vice president shall help the board come up with activities/events.
Position Description: The secretary shall record the minutes of regular and special meetings as well as all meetings of the executive board. In the absence of the vice president, the secretary shall act as vice president. The Secretary shall help the board come up with activities/events.
Position Description: The treasurer shall collect the revenues owed the organization and maintain appropriate record in accordance with the SABAC guidelines for organizations. In the absence of the secretary, the treasurer shall act as secretary. The treasurer shall help the board come up with activities/events.
Position Description: The fundraising chair will be responsible for helping the board execute fundraising efforts. The fundraising chair will work with the treasurer to maintain an accurate and appropriate record of funds collected.
Event Planning Chair
Position Description: The event planning chair will be responsible for generating ideas for events and activities for the organization. The event planning chair will work closely with board members to ensure that logistics of events and activities are carried out effectively.
Community Engagement Chair
Position Description: The community engagement chair will be responsible for organizing community engagement and volunteer service projects for the membership. The community engagement chair will work closely with the board to make sure that the volunteer activity is logistically sound and of quality experience.
Position Description: The marketing chair will be responsible for updating social media outlets and coming up with publicity to advertise organizational activities and business. The marketing chair will work closely with the board on developing a public relations vision and marketing strategy for the group.
Recruitment and Membership Chair
Position Description: The recruitment and membership chair will be responsible for organizing membership information tables and recruiting events. The recruitment and membership chair will work with the president on answering communications from potential members.